Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nostalgia


So I was discussing video games with people, and we started talking about what the first game we ever remember playing was.  For me it came down to McMurphy's Mansion (a zork style text game for ms dos), or Burger Time for the 2600.  I decided the first one I ever played was Burger Time, which I played a few times at my cousin's house.  Although McMurphy's was the first one that my family owned.  I remember we had a 286 IBM clone with a green and black monitor.

What about everyone else?  What was the first computer game you ever remember playing?

8 comments:

  1. My first video game was Super Mario Bros., but for the computer we got a few game bundle cd's when buying a computer with Windows 95 on it, but I have no idea what the first actual game I played was..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mortal Kombat 1 or 2 I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one game at school where you drive around and shoot polygons

    ReplyDelete
  4. burger time was a cool game, but my start had to have been on Pitfall. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, when I was 7, my dad got a MAME emulator with like 700 games. Sure, most of them didn't work, but I had so much fun playing those games. AND ONE OF MY FAVES WAS BURGER TIME AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF IT THANK YOU GOOD SIR.

    Oh, and there was some marble roller game too where you had to get through this crazy obstacle maze kinda thing, but idk if you ever played that.

    ReplyDelete